Wednesday, April 30, 2008

COMPLETE PAINTINGS IN AN HOUR

Some of you know that I paint in churches during worship and sermons. It is fun and people seem to enjoy it, plus, ironically enough, God seems to use it to inspire both artists and non-artists. The comments people make always give me joyous insights into how God ignites the creative process in us, and how he uses us to do that for each other.

If you, or someone you know would like for me to come paint in a public event, go ahead, give me a shout. Let's make some notable art together.

No two paintings are alike. I do something unique for each and every service and group. There are no canned images, no formula-paintings. Each creation is fresh and special. Every painting is a "one-off" work of art done specifically for that group experience in that moment of time.

Sometimes groups auction off my paintings for various fundraisers, and sometimes they frame them immediately and display the art in their churches, schools, or group gathering places on the spot.

Paintings are brought to to various degree of finish, depending on what people want. Some paintings I take back with me to my studio and spend a few more hours tidying up and bringing the artwork to higher refinement, and some paintings go right on the wall after the public painting session.

To see more of these paintings, you can find them on my website at http://www.danielriceart.net/ and click on the GALLERY link. You will find more of these panels as well as other interesting things to look at. I do hope you enjoy it.

No comments: